18 January 2021

Word of the Day: Effusive

2020 was supposed to be the year I attempted Inktober, or something similar. But October came and went, and I completely forget about it. "Next year," I told myself, as I did the year before, and the year before that. But why wait? Getting word prompts is easy. Online dictionaries readily offer them up. Merriam-Webster even has permalinks to theirs.

One drawing a day seems a bit onerous. One per week seems more reasonable, so I came up with the following "rules":

  • Read the definition of the Saturday Word of the Day on Merriam-Webster.com. Draw it and post it here before the next Saturday.
  • Is Saturday's Word of the Day just utterly uninspiring? Choose a different word of the day from the previous week. But use Saturday's if at all possible.
  • If you miss a week, get back on the proverbial horse.

I expect it'll be a bunch of quick sketches at first. I may put more effort into it once I get comfortable drawing on my very old Wacom tablet (the one I was using to draw Home Run) in Krita.

With that, the inaugural Word of the Day sketch is effusive.